Interested in working in a mission-driven and joyful community that educates children with a simpler and more human approach?
John XXIII Montessori Center offers the opportunity to walk alongside children on their journey of self-discovery and learning so they can live joyfully in God's love and fulfill their unique call in life.
Lead Primary Guide
- Joyfully live the Mission of John XXIII.
- Be a witness to Jesus Christ and live according to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Model courteous and respectful behavior, and contribute to a warm, supportive, and calm atmosphere.
The Executive Director
Tuesdays through Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., plus school activities outside of regular days and hours
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Guide the children’s efforts and activities in unfolding their natural developmental abilities.
- Plan and implement a Montessori curriculum. Prepare daily and give appropriate presentations following Montessori training and materials.
- Use Transparent Classroom, our electronic record-keeping system, to plan lessons and track children’s progress.
- Supervise children. Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by observing the needs of children, assisting with the children’s development of independence, advocating conflict resolution, and giving Grace and Courtesy lessons.
- Cultivate classroom leadership and self-discipline among the students.
- Establish and maintain a prepared environment.
- Lead the Primary Assistant (or any adult in the classroom) with charity and clear expectations. Provide ongoing training as necessary. Give daily instructions on needs and assist in the resolution of challenges.
- Evaluate the Primary Assistant’s work annually.
- Collaborate with the Primary Assistant to restore the environment after each session.
- Communicate daily with the Primary Assistant about classroom issues, including discipline, learning, health, and material needs.
- Meet regularly with the Primary Assistant to discuss goals for the class and individual children.
- Ensure respectful and open lines of communication with parents. Be available to parents through written communication, conferences, and parent enrichment in Montessori philosophy.
- Proactively share their children’s progress with parents and promptly respond to their questions and concerns.
- Assess prospective children when applications are received.
- Actively and positively promote John XXIII, its mission, and the community.
- Assist the Executive Director in hiring a classroom Assistant, providing input before a final decision is made.
- Have a growth mindset, always looking for opportunities to improve your professional craft.
- Attend parent enrichment meetings, parent/teacher conferences, open houses, faculty meetings, and other activities scheduled outside of regular Center hours.
- Dress in appropriate business casual attire.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Nicholas Fonte at [email protected].
Now through mid-May
Thursdays & Fridays
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Co-supervise lunch and recess for ~40 elementary students from 11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Engage the students in their self-guided creative play and converse with them.
- Share their enjoyment during their recreation.
- Read to the students after lunch as they silently draw in their sketchbooks from 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.